The Battle To Replace Buhari Has Begun–El Rufai 

By Ikenga Chronicles April 4, 2017

The controversy over whether President Muhammadu Buhari will run for a second term in 2019 has set off an early race to succeed him, according to Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai who spoke from Johannesburg, South Africa on Monday night.

Recall that Buhari had stayed more than seven weeks in the United Kingdom to receive treatment for an undisclosed ailment, sparking concerns about government paralysis and triggering speculation about the severity of his condition.

He returned to Nigeria on March 10, but Ikenga Chronicles exclusively gathered that arrangement has been concluded to fly him back to London in the next two week.

Amaechi Lists States That Buhari Can Win On His Sick Bed

Speaking, Nasir El-Rufai said: “Because of the feeling that the president may not run for a second term, people are already gearing up.’’

“All of us are getting distracted by the coterie of ambitious presidential aspirants that are trying to kick-start the political process ahead of the normal time’’.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced last month that the next presidential election will be held on February 16, 2019.

Buhari Must Be Flushed Out In 2019–Lamido

While Buhari hasn’t said whether he intends to run again, El-Rufai said that most members of the ruling party would like him to seek a second term.

“Many of us that campaigned vigorously for him in 2015 are hoping that his health will improve and stabilize and that he will run again in 2019,” he said.

“We need the policy continuity and the stability in the political environment for the country to make progress.”

Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<