Hollywood Director, Quentin Tarantino, Confirms Retirement

By Ikenga Chronicles November 5, 2016

Hollywood Director, Quentin Tarantino, Confirms Retirement

American filmmaker, Quentin Tarantino, on Thursday at the Adobe Max conference which took place inside the San Diego Convention Centre, confirmed his impending retirement.

According to reports from The Hollywood Reporter , Tarantino has double-downed on his pledge never to make another film past his tenth – meaning his next two films will be his last.

He made the confirmation saying, “Drop the mic. Boom. Tell everybody, Match that shit”.

The Hollywood director is working on his next full length scripted film, which he teased earlier this year as potentially being a “Bonnie and Clyde-esque” tale set in 1930’s Australian.

The 53-year-old further told the crowd present that his only focus at the moment is a historical non-fiction project and that he wants to be remembered as a Hollywood great:

“It could be a book, a documentary, a five-part podcast.”

“Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I’m considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. And going further, a great artist, not just filmmaker,” said Tarantino, to a raucous applause from the crowd.

The multiple award winner has been in the industry for nearly 30 years and is renowned for works like Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, Inglorious Bastards, Django Unchained and recently, The Hateful Eight.

509 views