Former IGP Arase Denies Stealing 19 Police Vehicles

By Ikenga Chronicles October 25, 2016

Former IGP Arase Denies Stealing 19 Police Vehicles

The immediate past Inspector General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase, has quickly denied a report that 19 assorted vehicles belonging to the police were recovered from him as unconfirmed report indicates that the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is planning to arrest him.

Recall that the report by the Special Investigation Panel of the police revealed that 19 police vehicles were recovered from Arase. It was gathered that the anti-graft agency is waiting for the petition against Arase to be file in for subsequent action.

But in a swift response Arase issued a statement that the report was engineered for the purpose of tarnishing his hard earned reputation. Arase warned that he would not hesitate to seek legal redress if those desperate to tarnish his image fail to desist.

The ex-IGP’s reaction is also coming on the heels of a similar one on July 18 following another media report that 19 out of 24 vehicles he allegedly took away upon retirement had been recovered from him.

The statement reads: “It is embarrassing for me to wake up on Monday morning to be inundated with calls and messages on purported 19 vehicles recovered from me. I wish to reassure the general public that there was nothing like that. Like I said in July, I did not take any police vehicle with me outside what I am entitled to, and so, there couldn’t have been any vehicle recovered from me. If there was any such, those behind this campaign of calumny should please make the number plates of the vehicles public and where they were recovered from.”

“Rather than dissipating so much energy on ‘project drag Arase down’, I urge those behind this evil campaign to face their official responsibility for which much is expected from them by the nation. I have done my bit and my own records bear me witness. Let those daily frightened by the shadow of Arase learn to face reality and stop chasing shadows so that they are not haunted by same.”

Upon claims by his successor Ibrahim Idris in July that he went away with 24 police vehicles, Arase had in a statement then said: “I suspect there must be a disconnect somewhere because every information needed by my successor [is] provided in my hand-over notes.”

“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than addressing the media on an issue well documented in my hand-over notes.”

Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<