FG Has Re-Kidnapped The 21 Released Chibok Girls- Fayose

By Ikenga Chronicles January 9, 2017

The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has on Sunday night announced that the 21 released Chibok Girls have been re-kidnapped by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government. According to Fayose, the act of not allowing them to re-unite with their families is another case of kidnapping.

In a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Fayose said that the Federal Government must tell Nigerians why the 21 rescued Chibok girls have not returned to their families since October last year.

“Have you ever seen anyone that will be in captivity for that long and won’t be eager to reunite with his or her family two months after regaining freedom?”

“If the girls are truly Chibok girls, their freedom must be total. They must also be allowed to tell their own stories.”

“However, as it appears, the girls may have moved from one captivity to another” he said.

Recall that a group of 21 Nigerian Chibok girls brought home for Christmas after almost three years in captivity were prevented from celebrating at home with their families.

The 21 were among more than 200 mostly Christian school girls released in October after being snatched by Boko Haram gunmen in April 2014 in a kidnapping that sent shock waves across the world.

The group had been brought back to Chibok under heavy escort to spend Christmas at home but family and relatives said that instead they had been kept inside the house of a local parliamentarian for several days.

“What is the point of bringing them home if we as their parents can’t see them?” asked one of the fathers.

A mother had also accused the government of “deliberately breaking our hearts in this festive period”.

The girls were not given permission either to attend Christmas mass, angering Chibok residents as well as their relatives.

“We are a community and we take these girls as ours whether they are related to us or not” said a local resident.

The governor maintained that the ongoing war against the Boko Haram terrorists can only be won through truthful information by the Federal Government and cooperation of all Nigerians.

He said it was funny that the Federal Government was celebrating the recovery of what they called Boko Haram flag as a sign of defeat of the insurgents while more daring attacks were being carried out by the same Boko Haram against the army.

Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment
View comments

Write a comment

<